Monday, October 13, 2014

When And Where

I am very excited to be taking a hamster into my care, but apart of me is afraid. Not afraid like I was with a fish, that it will be boring. Some of me is afraid of my hamster getting sick or not having anyone to play with. Although, this great new hamster website called MyHammie tells me not to place two or more teddy bear hamsters together in a cage to live together. They'll hurt each other until one is dead. Once one is dead, the other will be hurt and damaged and die shortly after. But, I am very happy to have a little hamster living in my house. The good thing is, they love being held. Only for the small period of time of just arriving home, they need to just be with me or alone to get used to it. I think that it should be with me because it needs to get used to it's owner who is constantly going to be with him, if anyone is. They love to play and get excersize. They love to run around in hamster balls, so that will be a very fun thing for me and the hamster! Auggie will be the baby sitter when I am at school. Let me get to what this post was really made for. This post is a guide for Auggie to take care of the hamster when I cannot be there for him/her. HERE'S YOUR GUIDE AUGGIE!

                   Riley's Guide to Hamster Baby-Sitting
When babysitting a hamster, Auggie, you need to be gentle. Being gentle with a hamster means that if you can tell he/she doesn't want to be held, don't force it. Or you will get a bite! You need to respect the hamster at all times. Remember, if I come home to an unhappy hamster, I'll be finding a new hamster baby sitter. No pressure for now! Read the following steps!


  • If the hamster seems hungry, put a SMALL amount of food in the food bowl. Only add A LITTLE BIT more of he/she still is hungry. It's important not to feed them to much. A chubby hamster is no good for the hamster, or you!
  • If the hamster wants to be alone, and put down if you are holding him/her, you have to put them down. It will result in a bite! This will make them unhappy.
  • NEVER cage my hamster with ANY other animal. If the animal is bigger, it may hurt or eat my hamster. If it's smaller, my hamster may hurt or eat it, and that's not goo!
  • If the hamster is sleeping, let him sleep. If you wake him/her, it will result in a cranky hamster.
  • When the hamster wants to play and excersize, carefully take him/her out of his/her cage and place them in the hamster ball or on the hamster running wheel.
  • When the hamster wants to be held or loved, you GENTLY pick him/her up and firmly hold him/her. Don't hold very tightly, as the hamster will choke. Be gentle. When he wants to get down, let him.
  • NEVER let the hamster out of your sight. That will break my heart if he/she goes missing. 
  • When you are in a room with the hamster, make sure he has no easy escapes.
  • ALWAYS watch him/her.
  • Make sure he/she is happy and healthy when I return home! We can play with him more!!!
If there is anything I missed here, I will tell you on your first hamster job! Remember, I don't pay you unless you teach the hamster a trick! If you do that, maybe you'll get a treat! I'd love to see some developments with him/her when I come back!

Soon enough, whenever and wherever, I'll have a hamster that YOU can babysit, Auggie! I hope you have a great time hamster-baby-sitting the hamster when and where you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment